Monday, January 16, 2012

NBA Update

   I want to take a minute to talk about the NBA season that is in progress. So far there hasn't been to much to talk about but there are a few thing I would like to mention right now. First off lets talk about the team that I think is the hottest team in the NBA at the moment and that is the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Thunder are 11-2 and are on a 6 game winning streak. Some standout performers are of course Kevin Durant who is averaging 25.8 points a game and how about Russell Westbrook who is averaging 18.9 points a game. Serge Ibaka has been big as well averaging 2.2 blocks a game. The Thunder are going to try to extend their winning streak to 7 tonight against the Boston Celtics.
   Another big story going around is the return of the "Black Mamba" (Kobe Bryant). Kobe has really kicked off this season the right way averaging 32.0 points a game and he has had 4 40+ point games in a row. Kobe's Lakers are only 9-5 but they seem to be really fighting to show they are going to be force in the west this season.
   Last story I have been hearing is the ever popular Lebron James choking in the 4th quarter stories. Now Lebron is having a good season statistically averaging 29.5 points a game but once again he is coming up short in 4th quarter situations. The biggest thing I have seen is his failure to make his free throws. Now the Heat are struggling right now with a record of 8-4 and they are currently on a 3 game losing streak. With Wade out with an injury a lot more is falling on Lebron and so far it hasn't gone well.
  With all of that being said I am going to give my NBA finals prediction right now. My prediction is going to be The Oklahoma City Thunder vs The Chicago Bulls. If I had to pick a winner I would pick the Thunder winning in a close 7 game series. There you go that's my prediction and I am sticking to it. We will see how the rest of the season unfolds but for now that's my NBA update.

1 comment:

  1. Thunder are now on a 7 game winning streak AND have the current best record in the NBA.

    ReplyDelete